Strap on your seat-belt, we are entering the holiday season. It’s unfortunate that even the mention of the holiday season evokes stress. So I am choosing to call it the Spiritual Season.
Spiritual, not religious.
You see, religion, in my opinion, is simply the rules, ritual and doctrine of whatever you believe. Spirituality? Well, that is the personal relationship you have with what you believe. And we can all agree that some basic spiritual principles are GRATITUDE, LOVE and GIVING. Tis the season.
So why strap in? Because sometimes Stress can separate us from our connection to what we believe and the spiritual principles above. And lets face it, this time of year brings many opportunities for stress. There are fewer light hours in the day. Social and family commitments start to fill our calendar. We begin to feel more pressed for time. And the snowball begins to grow with momentum.
Here are five quick and easy techniques to help you stay present to the joy of this season.
- Exercise: Try some gentle yoga, a walk or ride a bike.
- Meditate: Imagine yourself in a familiar, comfortable place. Feel the safety. Know it
- Breathe Deeply: A few intentional deep breaths can calm the nervous system. When you lengthen your exhale, it signals your system that it is safe to relax.
- Listen to music: Music can be a healthy distraction, release feelings or bring you back to a pleasant memory.
- Laugh: Look for something funny. Laughter increases blood flow and bolsters the immune system.
You can also try guided visualization. Visualizing a calm or peaceful scene is proven to help reduce stress and ease anxiety. Download your FREE Inner Bliss or grab the Relax Three-Pack for just $25 (a $45 value).
And if you feel you need more one-on-one support, look into my Stress Relief Series that includes hypnosis, EFT tapping, and coaching. The tools you learn will carry you far beyond the holidays. You will establish a new freedom that will stay with you.